Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I have a confession. My closest friends and family already know but I've finally decided to make that first step. Even they don't know how bad it is. I figure by going public, I might be able to help others. My secret has kept me up at night and at times made me a recluse. But I'm prepared to finally go public and confess my deepest secret.

I'm a pop culture junkie. There. I said it.

My earliest memories are watching the Carol Burnett Show and going to the movies with my mother and sister. I cut my teeth on the Young and the Restless and graduated to Desperate Housewives. Pop culture has always been an icebreaker and area of expertise for me. I got my first subscription at 12-years-old to Glamour magazine. While my friends in college were reading world history, I was racing to the mailbox for my weekly fix of the Star tabloid. It seemed only fitting that one of my first jobs out of college was at the National Examiner, a job that satisfied my hunger of gossip and my thirst for pop culture.

In a world where my 60-something mother knows Justin is dating Cameron, it’s not hard to see the influence pop culture has on us daily. The average person learns a lot from the trials and tribulations of celebrities; after all they are people just like us. They just live life with a more expensive haircut and higher thread count on their bed sheets.

With that said, here I go. Thanks for being with me as I popped by blog cherry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

They say admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery... for you, I'd say that's going from 8 relatity shows to 7.

Until American Idol comes back on. ;-) Welcome!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jeff Ronci said...

Darn! Now that Diva's owned up to her addiction, I guess we have to call off the intervention. Kudos, Diva. Your coming clean is the blog world's gain. Hail, the new pop culture maven!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea yea blogging is cool and all, but I saw you more or a myspace person...

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home