Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Law of Attraction

Have you ever caught yourself inexplicably attracted to a person, show or topic? I catch myself doing this all the time. I’m constantly fascinated with things that shock and amaze me. I like to think I’m a discerning educated and worldly women with great taste but I also reason that I’m a Gemini, woman and fancy myself complex. People know I’m a lady entranced by cults, crystal meth, eating disorders and the mafia. With that said I just had to articulate my deep fascination with the following things.

I Love New York

I’m not so much proud to say I watch this program on lazy days as much as I’m astonished by my level of interest. New York and her tranny mother are crazy ass bitches who put black folks back about 20 years. It’s a modern day minstrel show. The men are emotional and conniving. What type of man signs up for a show with a woman like this? But then again what type of person watches this show? Guilty.

The Hills

I watch this show and I’m in high school again pissed off at my best friend who keeps going back to her jerk boyfriend. I literally yell at Heidi through the screen. Don’t’ move in with that pancake head freak!! But she doesn’t hear me. I identify with these young girls trying to discover themselves.

Country Music Television

I’m not much on country music. My dad is an old school devotee. I grew up watching way too much Hee Haw for my liking. Besides the Dixie Chicks and old school tunes, I wouldn’t buy any country but I adore this channel. They have a program called Crossroads that pairs country crooners with rock artists. Brilliant. Heart with Wynona. James Taylor with the Dixie Chicks. I also get a kick out of country lyrics and videos. Country Badonkadonk. Hilarious.

Snoop Dog

His marijuana-infused persona is hypnotic to me. Not in a sexy way but in a way that I’m sure I could be good friends with him. He’s down with everyone. From the beaches of Brazil with Pharrel to the ghettos of Puerto Rico with Daddy Yankee.

The Girls Next Door

Love. Love. Love. These women. Okay, I really adore Hugh Hefner and his pioneering mind. The girls are just part of the package. I love being a voyeur in the Playboy Mansion. I will visit one day.

Scientology

Is it a religion? Self help? I know it’s a marketing bonanza. Their own language of scientific terms. I love that a premium is set on celebrities. What basis is that for success of a religion? Why do you have to pay to advance?

What fascinates you?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

Vampires are my particular poison-even if it's done in a really lame way,I'll be tempted to tune in to the show or look at the film/read the book.

Don't get me wrong,I do have a sense of humor about it(one of my favorite bad vampire movies is Once Bitten,with Jim Carrey. I even bought the DVD.)but I do hate when they tweak the mythos too much,like using silver to kill vampires. Everyone knows silver is for werewolves! See,this is why my sister teases me about this:)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home