Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year Baby!

Happy New Year! Wishing you a bright 2007. Let us learn from this past year and make the new one fabulous. I ushered in the New Year with my husband’s family in dazzling Port St. Lucie. Okay, I’m being sarcastic but I had a good time. I got my salsa (dancing not food) on until four in the morning. Good God, my body is still recovering.

I’ve already learned something about myself in 2007. I LOVE the Style channel. I just got it on Direct TV. I have every premium movie channel including like six HBOs but didn’t get Style. What is that? I spent most of New Years Day in bed watching How Do I Look? If you haven’t seen this show, you must. It’s like What Not to Wear minus the style experts Stacey and Clinton. Instead you insert your mother or other family member who nominated you for the show. It’s a bit more bitchy, which may be some of the appeal. Though, it’s always fun to watch the ugly duckling shed her fashion-challenged ways.

They also have something called a Style Nightcap, which consists on a 30-second montage of heavenly creations. Seriously, the Nightcap could consist of shiny happy pink odds and ends. I’m like a circus monkey easily distracted by pretty baubles. Just when you think Lifetime or We has cornered the market on women. Style takes it to another level.

With my New Year headed in new directions with new interests, I’ve decided to have a moment of reflection. What do I want to accomplish in 2007? I’d call them resolutions but there’s so much pressure behind the word resolution. I’ll call them ‘things I’d like to do but won’t be too disappointed if I don’t do them.’

Hit the Road Jack

I’d like to do more traveling. The Diva needs to hit the open road and try new destinations. I’m looking to go places I’ve never been before. I’d even try exotic locales like Peoria and Wilkes-Barre. Never been there but willing to try it.

Did I turn the iron off?

Live in the moment. I have a bad habit of always being one to two steps ahead of myself, which makes it virtually impossible to thoroughly enjoy something. I’m gonna kick it into fourth gear and coast in the present.

Habla Espanol

I’ve made great strides in my Spanish and want to continue in 2007. Spanglish isn’t hittin’ it anymore. I hope to someday be fluent enough to ask Antonio Banderas what happened to Melanie’s lips.

Take My Life and Enjoy It

Which means (look out world), more shopping for great sales, walking in the great winter Florida weather, snacking on salty butter drenched popcorn during my movies and loving myself, husband, family and friends stronger.

What are some of your ‘resolutions’?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Dude, Style Network's the best!! How Do I Look is awesome, and be sure you check out Clean House!!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home