Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Bee in My Bonnet

Like I need another one. I feel like such an Ohio school marm but their is troubling trend in reality shows where contestants are up for life altering career changes and their children are at home. In other words, there's an 18-year-old with a 0ne-year-old baby vying to become the Next Doll. There are three budding models on America's Next Top Model who have toddlers at home. Being away from their babies often sends them to the brink. I understand the need to make a better life for yourself and your family but it's only worth it if you win. I'm just not sure it's a good idea to accept contestants who have children under five-years-old. Call me old fashioned.

Also, there are two 18-year-olds in the Pussycat Doll race. That seems so young to be part of the competition let alone out on the road. One girl is starting to wonder what her parents and others will think about her. Call me traditional but their time would probably be spent better in college. I think it's different if you're a member of a band or singer/songwriter. But a member of a racy burlesque group disguised as a pop group? I don't know.

I just think some of these reality shows need to look at their guidelines since entering into one can change your life and not always for the better.

I kept it short and sweet today. What do you think?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home