Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Why?

Call me naïve or dense but sometimes I honestly feel like a 5-year-old. I’m constantly asking myself why. On this good Thursday as my mind is firmly planted on the weekend and my bed, I thought maybe you the all wise reader might have some answers for me.

Why is there another season of The Simple Life?

It’s not that I think I’m too good for the show. Honey, I watch I Love New York, The Search For the Next Doll, American Idol and a variety of other pleasing guilty pleasure television but the Simple Life is downright obnoxious and mean-spirited. Paris and Nicole are often vapid, clueless and malicious in their interactions with other people. They say they are playing a character but it is a reality show and I think they are just showing us their ugly dark side and what passes as humor in their inner circle.

Why is Britney Spears wearing a bad Frederick’s of Hollywood wig?

Poor Brit can’t seem to hold her head high and sport her bald head. How bold and provocative would it be for her go out bald? And that’s fine but why the cheap synthetic wig with bad hat combo. She has enough money to get a small Swedish fishing village to shave their heads and personally weave a wig for her. I don’t understand who is advising her.

Why is Amy Winehouse glorified as the new Sid Vicious?

We all know how that turned out. Here’s a brilliant young singer with great promise poised to bring classic blue-eyed soul and R & B back to pop radio. She’s also a raging alcoholic or at least that’s what her handlers want you to believe. Though, that seems to be on target. Are her handlers prepared to reign in the behavior or are we going to watch this talent implode? She reminds me a lot of Pete Doherty. It’s not the 80s. Cokeheads and drunks are only amusing for one album.

What questions are you pondering?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

I'm wondering why Gina was kicked off of American Idol this week,while Hailey Hotpants and Funeral Home Phil are still in the running. Maybe Sanjaya's Teflon Aura of Protection is spreading out to all of the other bad singers on the show. Curse you,Sanjaya!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Tere said...

Some of life's great imponderables right there, PCD. I have no answers for you, as I am just as puzzled as you.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home