Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I've heard it all

Okay. That’s it. I feel a rant coming on. I was driving (Yippee. I got a car.) into work this morning when I heard that Isaiah Washington, the F-word spewing actor from Grey’s Anatomy, has entered rehab to understand why he used the word. He’s getting help to get to the root of his use of the word. Are you fucking kidding me?

How exactly does that therapy go? Isaiah, why did you call you co-worker the F-word? Why did you use the word again at the Golden Globes? I admit there has to be a root of his anger and hate but why rehab. He’s not an alcoholic, drug addict or suffering from an eating disorder. How do you know treatment is workin? Send him down to Miami for the White Party and see if he goes off on any of the guys? I don’t get it.

Rehab has turned into this great public relations opportunity that places your actions on some kind of illness or disease. Maybe the person is just a bigot, homophobe or plain old asshole. I’ve run into plenty of assholes in the workforce and in life. If I thought rehab could cure all the assholes in the world, I would found the Diva Institute for the Ignorant. Jumping on the celebrity rehab wagon dilutes the real purpose of seeking treatment. It’s become a way to get people off your back in a bid to diminish a situation. I’m appalled. I didn’t think he should be fired because he would just be taking that anger and inappropriate energy someplace else but REHAB. REALLY.

What are your thoughts on the new rehab trend? Does it work?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

It's transparent, pitiful and speaks volumes about a pampered group of fools who think they're above taking responsibility for their actions.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home