Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Human nature is a bitch

My guilty pleasure has led me down a path of discovery. That's right my weakness for reality TV has changed my life. I was watching Project Runway and Rock Star: Supernova last night when it hit me. HUMAN NATURE IS A BITCH!!!

What other way is there to explain Dilana and Jeffrey's decision to (as my mom says) show their asses in front of millions of viewers. I watched the webisode where my homie and kindred spirit Dilana spilled the beans on her fellow rockers. Let's call it like it is. She not only spilled the beans, she threw them under the bus and ran over them a few times. There was an uncomfortable moment of silence where her mind ALMOST told her to stop. Everything just poured out of her mouth. But dammit, that human nature will get you every time. WHAT was she thinking? She is a front runner for the gig. Her lapse of judgment and loose lips could cost her everything and make her look like a diabolical witch in the process.

Jeffrey on the other hand lost is damn mind. Not only did he select Angela's mother. He ignored her input as the client and berated her to the point of tears. I'll tell you if that was my mother I would have cut him. Believe me if he had chosen my mother, he would have had to sleep with one eye open. She would have come for him. The insane thing is that Angela's mother was this timid soft-spoken lady. He got it in his head that she was trying to undermind his design and went all crazy on her ass. Human nature spanked him and not in a good way.

While I attribute the above behavior to human nature, the underlying problem may be the simple fact that these people are ASSHOLES. There I said it. Reality tv simply brings out the ass in you, which is the reason I will never do one of these shows. I mean what if you think you're a cool chilled individual only to find out that you're an ASSHOLE. Talk about devastating. I don't think I could handle it. I'm bad enough with my quirks like I don't let people look at my magazines before I do. I don't like people touching or breathing on my food (and this is getting worse as I get older). What happens if someone passes me a cookie with their bare hands? I'll lose my shit. I'm by no means saying that I'm perfect but I like to keep my OCD ways to myself, family and lucky friends.

I think the only answer to breaking the asshole curse goes back to kindergarten. The golden rule. Do unto others as you'd have to them unto you. Think. If someone called me a republican would I get mad? Hell yes!! So I won't call you one. Come to think of it, couldn't we apply this to all areas of our life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home