Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today is an important day in pop culture history. It marks the day in 1971 that the Pop Culture Diva was born. That’s right, my darlings, I’m 36 and proud of it. I figure if I own it, it becomes a celebration and cause to rejoice. I’m actually okay with being 36. I think people have problems with their age when they are not fulfilled personally. Since my life is a work in progress, I’m always looking a fulfilling my needs and finding joy. It’s working.

To commemorate this big day, I’ve decided to share my pearls of wisdom and nuggets of truth. Here’s what I know at 36:

Life is fleeting! Embrace it and don’t take it for granted. Buy that Gucci purse if you want it. (You know who you are.)

Brad Pitt is possibly the most beautiful man alive (outside of J, of course). Angelina better hold onto his ass and make more babies. Jennifer Anniston should kick herself everyday for letting him go.

Water, sleep, exercise and a good moisturizer are a girl’s best friend especially after age 30.

Reality television is a horrifically addictive trend that will eventually end just like all of those salacious talk shows that polluted daytime television in the 80s. Remember Richard Bey?

Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Richie are not role models. They are marginally talented and minimally interesting play things for the media.

The 80s has spawned some of the most prolific rock and pop music ever made. Not to mention the music videos.

It’s not the size of jeans that makes the woman, it’s her complex mind and wit.

What do you know at your age?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Touché, Diva, touché.

Much love to you today - great things are on the horizon!

What I know at my age is that in my next life, men will cater to me, and not the other way around!

10:54 AM  
Blogger lady t said...

Happy b-day,PCD! Hope you are enjoying this day to the fullest:)

Since I just turned 39 last month,I can honestly say you're only as old as you feel. Most days,I feel like I'm sixteen(a more mature than most sixteen),others, 20 something. My mom's having her birthday later this week and she's one of the most strong and confident people that I know. I hope to be like her when I truly grow up:)

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home