Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Save the Cheerleader Save the World. Done.

I almost laughed myself silly this morning over a hilarious Paula Abdul story. If you haven’t heard, I’ll explain a little later. The news is once again littered with fascinating and ridiculous headlines. Here’s a sampling of what has me mesmerized:

Tripping over Tulips

Our girl, the highly medicated therefore regretfully entertaining Paula Abdul, broke her nose trying to avoid stepping on her itty bitty Chihuahua Tulip. Are you freakin’ kidding me? This is another reason not to have one of those pint-sized mutts, especially if you have problems walking. I’ll admit, I’ve nearly bit the dust trying to avoid my fat cat S as she slid under my feet but this takes on a new dimension when Paula is involved. I can only imagine her drug-induced state tonight during the AI finals. I hope she has black raccoon eyes and a splint on her nose. Classic Paula. Have you seen the preview of her new Bravo show, where she’s walking down the street in a gown as motorists are calling her name and she trips on her hem? More classic Paula. I might have to TiVo that.

Who gives a shit?

I’m still salty that Melinda is missing from the AI finals. I don’t think I’ll even watch it tonight. Why bother? It will be crammed with slick advertisements and a tuneless original song. I welcome Jordin but the idea of another beat-boxing moon walking performance from Blake may push me over the edge. I can’t guarantee my full interest. I may watch Dancing with the Stars. At least Joey Fatone makes me laugh.

Heroes is the Bomb

No pun intended but I have to say that the season finale of Heroes was astounding. Not only did it wrap up some lose ends. It gave us a taste of next season. Brilliant! Hiro is my all-time favorite Hero. Truly bad ass.

Bitten by the Bug

Was watching my TiVo’d Oprah’s this weekend when I saw Sarah Jessica Parker and her fashion line Bitten. Everything is under $20 and cute as hell. It comes in sizes 2-22. Changing the face of fashion. Similar to Forever 21 and H & M but more fashion forward and reasonably priced and better made. Check it out here.


What’s on your mind today?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

I still don't get WHY the Mall at 163rd...

3:26 PM  
Blogger lady t said...

I barely watched Idol last night,just flipped to it during the commericals while watching the last of Veronica Mars(they really deserved another season). I did see Jordin sing twice and she sounded good. Paula didn't look that banged up("I tripped over my dog"-what an excuse! Was it the same dog who ate her homework by any chance?).

Heroes was awesome but for some reason,there were disappointed people online whining about it-"Oh,we didn't get a cool Peter/Sylar fight!"*sigh* Not everything with superheroes has to be a video game,people!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also heard some folks disappointed with the Heroes finale, but I thought it was great. I think the Peter/Sylar "fight" is still in store. This was just a taste. Pete's gotta grow stronger in his powers before the real showdown.

Besides that, I really liked how everyone came together in Kirby Plaza and like Mohinder said in voice over, found their meaning through working together.

I was also glad that Nathan came through in the end. I've been dying to know more about Mama Petrelli, so I'm excited that the next season will be about Heroes through time.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home