Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Should I give a shit?

After my somewhat perverse interest in the Academy, it may come as some surprise that today I’m talking about useless celebrity stories and that’s useless according to me. You know I’m the great purveyor of pop culture. I get that slight to extreme interest in celebrity. What they’re eating, wearing and sexing up? However, as someone who indulges in celebrity chatter, it’s disappointing to see some trivial stories hyped up on what must be a slow news day. I know the media tries to create stories along with villains and heroes. I’m not that naïve.

But what do I care about Katie’s new hairdo or if she’s pregnant again. I stopped caring about that 6 months before she married the train wreck that is Tom Cruise. Is it still news? Are they doing anything meaningful besides jet setting with their freaky new BFF-Victoria. Let it go. I don’t want to hear anything else on this lackluster duo until they divorce, write tell-all books or disclose the true paternity of tiny Suri. I don’t think I even want to see them on the big screen. Enough!$%&

Who gives a rat’s ass if Rosie is friends with Elisabeth? I find it more startling that Elisabeth is still talking about this and is surprised to find out that Rosie never considered her a friend. C’mon. Is it the pregnancy hormones? When did she ever feel like Rosie was her grand confidant? Even more disappointing is their inability to shut their mouths on the issue. Instead of giving the blanket “She’s a great gal and I wish her well. No hard feelings,” we continue to get in depth explanations of their relationship. Call Dr. Phil. Enough!!

Victoria Beckham. Besides a keen eye for fashion, why is the media following her boney ass around the world. I don’t understand why they are trying to make her a superstar. If she did something (sing, dance, make sex tapes), I could understand the interest. They need to be following her fine ass husband around. Now that’s a superstar (with a tight ass).

What celebrity stories have you screaming this week?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

I generally don't care about a celebrity's personal life unless it interferes with their work(like Tom Cruise's couch jumping campaign) or is pretty much a world event(Paris going to jail).

The most recent "who cares" celeb story is Angelina Jolie's people having media folks sign a statement saying that any interview they get has to only be about her new movie,A Mighty Heart,and not say anything mean to her.

I for one,think this is stupid for two reasons-a)don't these jokers know better than to have something in writing that can be easily passed around and get posted on the internet? and b) what else is there to talk about with Jolie,her theory of quantam physics?

Jolie does nice stuff for charity and everything but that's old news,along with the whole Brangelina deal. More stale than a week old batch of donuts. Gotta roll with the new!:)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home