Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Do you know where you're going to?

On this happy Friday (Isn’t every Friday happy?), I turn my attention to happiness or the pursuit of it. The reoccurring theme in my life these last weeks has been finding your Holy Grail. Remember I just saw Spamalot. Friends are branching out and chasing their dreams through writing adventures, sabbaticals and new job opportunities. I even have a card up my sleeve.

Wyclef Jean was on the front page of the Miami Herald touting his charity work for Haiti. His satisfied grin and assured demeanor led me to the realization that he is living his dream. He has a creative musical career and devotes equal time to charity. He seems to have found his Holy Grail. I realize his life isn’t perfect. His wife probably nags him and he might be carrying around too much weight but it’s easier to handle these issues when you’re satisfied and content with your life.

At 35, I’m still searching for the grail but feel I’ve made great strides in my journey. I know my contentment will come from broadening my horizons through travel and meeting and helping new people. I consider my life an educational adventure. Everyday gets me closer to being the person I want to be. I know the concept is fluid and accept that I will be constantly evolving. Very Madonna-like without the raunchy Sex book and African baby.

Wyclef reminds me of Oprah in that they are both an inspiration and seem to be content. Below are some other celebs that seem to have found the winning combination and balance:

Sting
This Silver Fox is still creating interesting music and he can have sex for extended periods of time. Now that’s truly happiness.

Goldie Hawn
I don’t know if it’s her flighty exterior but she seems to have handled fame, divorce, raising children with much finesse. She’s survived the highs and lows of Hollywood popularity and is still a crowd pleaser.

Angelina Jolie
She’s smart, grounded and philanthropic. She went from the crazy girl with the wild eyes and vials of blood to a nurturing mother and domestic partner. She’s definitely become a force to reckon with. Bitch!

George Clooney
The Sexiest Man Alive is having the time of his life in the most laid back and charming way. He seems to create, love and enjoy simple pleasures all from the comfort of his Italian villa. He’s even recently set his sights on the conflict in Darfur. Bravo.

Have you found your Holy Grail? If not, who do you think has?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Ronci said...

Whatcha got up your sleeve, Diva? Do tell us!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home