Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

During this Thanksgiving holiday, I’ve shifted into my reflective mode. There has been a lot to be grateful for this year. I have a great husband, sister, parents, extended family and co-workers. Here are some other things I’m appreciative of:

Awards season
I love the thrill of the Oscar race and the agony of the Golden Globes. The Oscars are my Super Bowl.

Nine West boots
They make my legs look long and lean. It’s a shoe miracle.

Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrel and Jack Black
These funny fellows make me laugh until I snort. Gotta love that.

Sephora
Shopping at this beauty supply mecca is like visiting the holy land. Truly a spiritual experience.

Cabernet sauvignon
I just got turned onto this wine. One glass will relax you after a tough day.

Brad Pitt
Not only is he too fine for words; he’s a really fine actor and humanitarian as well.

Jennifer Aniston and Tom Cruise
They feed my not-so-well-hidden angst and gave me a lot of fodder for my blog.

Rent and Walk the Line
I’ve watched both these movies too may times but the catchy music grabs me every time. I’m a sucker for a musical.

Reality television
America’s Next Top Model, American Idol, Project Runway and the Girls Next Door satisfy my vouyeristic side.

Pop Culture
I’ve been shaped, molded and entertained by pop culture icons and events and I didn’t turn out so bad. Movies, music and television have always been my special area of interest and delight.

2 Comments:

Blogger PJS said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I haven't spent much time in blogland lately, so I was happy to see you made it to NYC! If you'd made it to town before I left, I would have at least bought you a cup of coffee.

Hope you have a great turkey day,
-P

9:32 AM  
Blogger lady t said...

The Oscars are your SuperBowl? I've been saying the same thing for years about me! Great minds think alike:)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home