Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm Still Standing

Last night started my summer TV watching schedule, which besides the belated House season finale included Elton John’s birthday concert from Madison Square Garden taped earlier this spring. Yes, the bitch was back and performed in glamorous and decadent style for his 60th b-day. It was a celebrity-filled event with the likes of President Clinton, Robin Williams and Elizabeth Hurley. You haven’t seen anything until you’ve seen Anne Hathaway rockin’ out with her girlfriends like it’s last call at the sorority house.

Elton sang all his favorites and was still dynamic without the glittery Donald Duck outfit and enormous eyeglasses. It was possibly more fun watching the drunken and rhythmically challenged concert-goers trying to get their groove on than the performance. The best part was the insightful and often amusing stories from close friends. Scissor Sisters members had a funny tale about the queen throwing a tantrum and them covering their faces in fear.

In honor of Elton’s birthday, I listed my favorite EJ songs. With so many selections, it was difficult to make a decision.

Philadelphia Freedom

As strange as this may sound, this is my favorite song. I adore the energy and vibrancy of the song. I can’t explain it!

Don’t Go Breaking My Heart

How can you not love a duet with someone called Kiki Dee? One of my favorite duets ever. It’s right up there with Islands in the Stream and Endless Love.

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word

It is the most beautifully poignant written songs of all time. Simplistic and stylish in the music. Brilliant!!

I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues

This make go back to the craptacular 80s video but I love this song. I dig the doo wop-esque vibe.

Your Song

Another powerful song lyrically. A favorite that crosses generations. A classic.

What’s your favorite EJ song?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

I have to say Crocodile Rock;I remember an episode of One Day At a Time,where Valerie B was dressed up as EJ and doing that song. Still a classic in my heart.

Second runner up,The Bitch Is Back:)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home