Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Spice World Revisited

Yeah, the Spice Girls are reuniting. I can now die in peace. Actually, I liked the SGs back in the day. Not in the way I worship Sade or James Taylor but they were cheeky and campy, which always counts for something. They were bubbling, colorful and had head-bobbing tunes. I thought Scary and Sporty had the most flava, Baby was boring, Posh was bitchy and Ginger was slutty. They had something for everyone.

While this reunion does nothing for me, it got me thinking. What band or group would I like to see together again? The Police and Genesis have already been taken off my list. Besides the obvious Beatles (or what remains) get together, the prospect of these reunions give me joy.

Journey

Steve Perry’s huge nose and grand voice made this band. Yes, they sang cheesy love songs. Yes, they burned out in the 80s but dammit I’d love to see them in concert. I just heard a rumor that the reason they broke up was because Perry nailed all his band mates’ wives and girlfriends. Interesting and slightly tragic if true but not a reason to not to get back together. One more time. Live. Please.

Wham!

This has the potential for big time comedy but I’d love to see George Michael and Andrew Ridgley get back together. I was a huge devotee of the band. Why else would I sport an oversized orange day-glo sweatshirt with huge writing and cropped jeans with matching orange socks? You could not tell me I wasn’t the bomb.

ABBA

Oh baby! I would travel the world for this reunion. They’re all alive and looking just as groovy as they did in 1974. They wouldn’t even need new songs. The old ones stand on their own.

New Kids on the Block

They still owe me from canceling an Ohio concert in 1987. I was heartbroken and never realized my dream of seeing my favorite boy band in concert. They owe me a reunion concert. Of course, we’d need to change the name a bit to reflect their aging.

Who would you like to see in a reunion concert?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

I'm all for an ABBA reunion but Wham is too much for me. My little sister would gladly join you for a Wham concert,she delights in that group.

I think that I would like Van Halen to regroup with David Lee Roth. He did some of his best songs with them.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Pop Culture Diva said...

No Wake Me Up Before You Go Go for you I guess.

3:21 PM  
Blogger J.T. said...

The Eagles are making a comeback, evidently. They are working on a new album

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home