Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Odds and Ends

The news has been jam packed with little stories that have stayed on my mind. And I don’t mean the usual trivial Lindsey or Paris updates. Here’s a quick run down on what has been on my mind.

It’s Time to Have a Baby

Not me. I still have a ways to go. I’m referring to the random (yet wanted and happy) pregnancies of Salma Hayak and now Halle Berry. Not taking anything away from their joy but every woman is familiar with the clicking biological clock and the ever-present message that you’re getting older and therefore better have a baby before your eggs and ovaries dry up. It’s kinda like Eddie Murphy and Warren Beatty taking a break from whoring around and deciding it’s time to settle down. With both woman looking at the other side of 40, that clock ticks loudly for all to hear. I know being a first time mom at 36. This may not seem old but in mommy years, I’m playing catch up.

There Goes the Neighborhood

I don’t know if Barbara Walters thought closely about putting two black women on The View panel. Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd (who was brilliant on Everyone Loves Raymond and Less Than Perfect) were inspired choices. Combined that are clever, witty and ten time less annoying that Rosie. I may have to start putting the sistas on my TiVo season pass.

Sweet Nectar of the Gods

Oprah is back! Yippee. By now, you all know I don’t want to be Oprah but want to be more Oprah-esque. She kicked off the season with my favorite smart ass David Letterman. I’ve been a fan from when he was on the other network. I even got my mother watching him. I adore his dry since of humor and warped mind. I also relate to his private reclusive nature. The show was insightful with Oprah pulling gems from the gap toothed talk show host in between his jokes and half answers. The last segment was reserved for the lackluster yet underwhelming performance by Lisa Marie Presley with papa Elvis. They sang In the Ghetto, which is one of my mother’s favorite Elvis songs. I could have done without the pairing but applaud the effort.

What’s on your mind today?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home