Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rock Star finally has that 'Oh Shit' moment

Tropical Ernesto turned out to be a dud but Rock Star: Supernova sizzled Tuesday night. Someone must have reminded the rockers that they were boring the hell out of us and that it is a competition. Last night's result show was the bomb. We finally had a moment during the elimination but I'll get to that later.

Performance night was amazing. It was fan choice night and the rockers pulled out all the stops.

Magni rocked the hell out of I Alone by Live. I don't understand why he keeps getting voted in the bottom. It might be his flashes of Euro trash attitude. He tried to show some humor in his taped segment.

Lukas is still a make-up wearing troll as my friend T puts it. His version of Lithium did nothing for the Nirvana tune. If you watched the webisode, you'll see him pout about getting the song since he doesn't like Nirvana. That was kind of a dig at his fans.

Toby was red hot. Did he sing a song? I couldn't get over how good he looked. Yummy. Oh yea, he pulled fans on stage at the end. By fans I mean scanky veteran rock chicks.

Storm sang the hell out of Bring Me to Life by Evanescence. That's a tough son to tackle but as usual she pulled it out. It wasn't my favorite but she committed totally to it. Did I mention Toby did his little white-boy rappin' thing. It was cute.

Ryan was a little awky (that's awkward and ugly) in his performance. He sounded good on Clocks by Coldplay but his frantic running and climbing on the piano seemed desperate. He lost control of the mic a few times.

Dilana, my girl, was on singing Mother, Mother by Tracy Bonham. She simply takes it to another level. Jill sang this song earlier and it was a hot mess. I got it when Dilana sang it.


Elimination night was a trip. The bottom three were Ryan, Storm and (gasp!) Dilana. How she got there was a shock to me but whatever. I know I tried voting online for her and was unable to do so. Ryan stumbled through a Who song and was shown the door. Bye Bye.

Who's gonna win? I need to hear from my Rock Star devotees. I know you're out there. As always, my money is on Dilana. What do you think? I promise not to berate your choice. Wink. Wink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Damn, that Toby was absolutely hot and smokin'. Welcome to my Top 5, my love!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home