Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I get it. You're sexy.

Janet Jackson needs to go sit down somewhere. If I see one more picture of her breasts, stomach or ass exposed, I’m gonna scream. I get it. You lost a bunch of weight. I get it. You’re 40 and still hot. I GET IT!!!! I just don’t know why she needs us to get it so bad. Not to mention that she's starting to look like a bad drag queen.

Let me just say. I was a soldier in the Rhythm Nation back in the day. I was Janet, Miss Jackson if you’re nasty. At least I wanted to be. I can appreciate her efforts to get back in shape and compete on the Billboard charts with the youngsters but gimme a break.

Something must happen to women in Hollywood when they turn 40. They lose their damn minds. All of a sudden the public is bombarded with sexy images of tarted up actresses and singers. It must be difficult to be part of an industry that puts a premium on youthful looks and a tight ass.

Look at Vivica Fox. She was known for her homegirl good looks and image. She turned 40 and enlarged her breasts, fixed her nose and started dating 50 Cent. I saw her on the MTV Video Music Awards a few years back, droppin' it like it was hot. She seems to be on the endless crusade to convince people that she is still beautiful therefore relevant. Demi Moore and Sharon Stone are also guilty of this offense.

I find it troubling that women feel the need to sex themselves up after they turn a certain age. I’m not just talking a provocative dress. I mean moving full throttle into plastic surgery, too short skirts and plunging necklines. Janet can learn from Diane Lane and Julianne Moore. These woman embrace an eternal beauty that is still sexy but not cheap.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that sex appeal ends at 40. It just matures and moves onto another level. Can I get an Amen!!

What 40-plus actress or actor has gone over the line trying to beat father time?

3 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

Well,I think Kevin Costner has not aged gracefully-when I first saw the trailer for Rumor Has It(with your favorite,Jennifer Aniston!),he looked so ancient in the makeout scenes. Hell,Shirley Maclaine looked younger and better than him!

Madonna's last couple of videos have been pretty sad,too. She may be limber but she's just too old to be humping a boombox(I keep imaging her kids seeing that on TV and telling their friends"That's my mommy!"*shudder).

6:09 PM  
Blogger Pop Culture Diva said...

You've got a point. Madonna has been looking a bit oversexed and desperate in her last videos. Her dancers just seem to make her look older. My God, the Material Girl is getting old!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Tere said...

Madonna's arms scare me. They make me want to crawl into a corner and whimper.

I too am tired of Janet. Demi was incredibly annoying when she turned 40, so I thank her for toning down and getting out of my face.

Add Teri Hatcher and Nicollette Sheridan to the list, thought Teri isn't that bad. She does need a few cheesburgers, though.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home