Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Try not to miss me

I’m taking a week off and going on a cruise. Don’t hate me but I really need some R & R. While I’m away, feel free to search my archives. Before I go though, I have some random Friday thoughts for you.

What a B*%&$!!

Mariah Carey has proven herself to be a bigger diva than any of us could have imagined. Her recent concert in Hong Kong was canceled due to ridiculous demands from the singer and poor ticket sales. How obnoxious must the requests have been for the Chinese promoters to cancel the event? Isn’t their entire culture built on respect, peace and harmony? They are some of the most laid back people in the world. Her requests must have been a doozy. Maybe she wanted exotic spa treatments for her pampered pooches. What could have pissed them off enough to axe a show billed as the biggest in Hong Kong history?

Dumb and Dumber

Kate Moss confirmed she’s engaged to Pete Doherty. Watching the two of them is like watching the Anna Nicole Show and I don’t mean her latest antics. I’m referring to that horribly uncomfortable E! show that exploited her drug-induced state. They are like a modern day Sid and Nancy and we all know how that ended. I fear for her and her child. Hasn’t she learned anything from the coke-in-the-music studio incident? I guess not. Love may be blind but not stupid. She needs to grab her pasty-faced fiancé and demand he remain in rehab. She could check in also. Maybe they can get two for the price of one at the Betty Ford Clinic.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

Have a great time on the cruise and be sure to avoid the Bermuda Triangle,ok? That place is so not cool anymore,very five minutes ago:)

Mariah,Mariah,*sigh*-she did seem to be getting over her wackiness for awhile there but there seems to be no cure for Celebrity Demand-itis.

I haven't kept up with the Kate Moss deal-bad enough that Naomi Campbell got busted AGAIN for smacking her therapist. Didn't anyone ever teach her to keep her hands to herself?

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home