Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Monday, July 02, 2007

I Went Down to the Crossroads

As evidenced by past blogs, I watch an abundance of television. It may not be all my favorites but I fancy myself diverse enough to enjoy all types of programming. I’m sure I’ve mentioned before a little gem on Country Music Television called Crossroads. That’s right CMT. I like watching the videos, though my country tastes are more classic (Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline and Tammy Wynette) along with the Dixie Chicks.

Crossroads pairs rock/pop groups and vocalists with country superstars. This weekend saw Kelly Clarkson crooning with Reba McEntire. First, let me say this was a surprising pairing. Not because Kelly likes country music or idolizes Reba but that she was so young. It was pretty good. But Reba dancing her swinging 60s moves to Since You Been Gone was frightful. May she never do that again. Kelly was a natural at harmonizing on Reba’s songs. They were no James Taylor with the Dixie Chicks or Wynona with Heart but it was certainly entertaining.

So, my brain starts racing. Who would I put together for Crossroads? Here’s what I came up with.

Amy Winehouse and Tanya Tucker

The two broads could get together drink/smoke and sing their hits. AW could talk about not going to rehab and TT could lament about her rehab days. The concert could culminate with an intervention for AW. The country set may not know AW but her attitude and range would be great for TT.

Shania Twain and Celine Dion

Yes, it would be annoying but the Divas (in their own genre) could see who could out do the other. Hands down CD would run off with the show. She always does. What else does she have to do since she left Vegas? Shania’s been incognito in Switzerland. The wonder twins need to unite in the form of a power ballad singing team with a twang. CD could come up with some designer diamond-studded cowboy gear with matching boots.

Tim McGraw and Mariah Carey

Faith Hill’s not the only attractive singer. Mariah and Tim could come together and form a stunning dynamic duo. TM has a bunch of duets that would work and MC loves the company of hot men. It could work.

Who would you smash up on Crossroads?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home