Diva Knows Best

Diva Knows Best is equal parts sarcastic wit, mid-west sensibility, media savvy, and pop culture wonder. There’s a strong voice of someone who is fascinated by all things celebrity but can see through the slick manufactured façade to discover valuable life lessons.

Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm Baack!!

And with a confession. I know you’ve wondered why I’ve dropped out of the blog world for the last month. So, I’m breaking one of my personal blogging rules about revealing too much of my personal life, after all I blog pop culture. No one cares about my personal life. So here goes!

I’m PREGNANT. Eighteen weeks now. A few weeks ago my doctor told me to slow down and put me on bed rest. I’m happy to say I feel much better and baby is thriving. I don’t know the sex yet since the baby wouldn’t open its legs on the last ultra sound, which is perfect if it’s a girl.

With that said, it’s great comfort too get back in some sort of routine and get back to writing, which has always been therapeutic for me. The best thing about being forced to kick back and relax is all the self-introspection and guilt free hours of watching television.

Naturally, I have new loves in TV programming. Here’s a list of what struck my fancy:

Scott Baio is Single… and 45

Boy, who knew Chachi was such a prick? He’s a serial womanizer who sees marriage as death. Unlike ladies men like Hugh Hefner, Charles (in Charge) can’t seem to end a relationship on good terms with any woman. I adore and applaud his candor in speaking about his past. I also like that his work with the life coach forces him to rehash past relationships in personal. Very humbling. Brilliant!

Anthony Bourdain- No Reservations

I have been a cooking show junkie for the past months but this show is outrageous. Driven by the dry and often drunken wit of author/chef Bourdain, the program showcases his gastric escapades in exotic and not so exotic locales worldwide. He prides himself in eating like a local, which means spicy noodles in Korea, chewy rat in Ghana or fried pork in Puerto Rico. He’s down for what ever!

The Judge Shows

Daytime television has gotten away from talk and game shows and is heavy on legal programs. There are too many to mention, though Judge Mathis is a riot. I love the clueless nature of the plaintiff and defendants as well as the biting sarcasim of the judges.

Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares

British chef Gordon Ramsey is a straight up trip for me. They have to bleep him so much you can barely understand what he’s saying. HK is an exercise in patience and tolerance. The chef’s aren’t extremely creative or talented. All they have to do is survive dinner service and the chef. I’ve personally felt let down since Waffle House cook Julie was let go. KN is on my new favorite BBC America. Ramsey spreads his special charms to struggling restaurants that call in for his help in revamping their establishments.

Footballers Wives

This is Britain’s answer to Dynasty. Bitchy women, tons of heavy eye shadow and sparkly little dresses. I love it. Soccer wives are the equivalence to rock star wives. Flashy and trashy. Great TV!

What are you watching these days?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lady t said...

Welcome back,PCD! You were sorely missed but for good reason-congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy:)!

I've been loving both Top Chef(which has been certainly alot nicer than last season) and Hell's Kitchen(Julia's departure was sad but she'll kick ass in culinary school) and GR is planning to have an American version of Kitchen Nightmares this fall that should be fun.

As to the judge shows,my favorite is Judge Judy. She's the best at laying the smack down!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Tere said...

Oh my hell, thank GOD you finally broke the news! I was about to burst!

Now I'm gonna go tell all my readers!

8:21 PM  
Blogger AmandaDufau said...

Congratulations to you! I think I might stick around this blog of yours, hope you don't mind. ;-)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff Ronci said...

Reporting for babysitting duty. Say when.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Congratulations!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home